Wednesday 3 January 2018

Chaos Mk2

Hello again folks! Today is a sort of continuation of one of the first posts on this blog, about my (then) chaos warband which has slowly but surely turned into an army. It all started with me beginning to collect the older chaos models I had lusted after since I was a nipper, with a vague plan to have a warband for each of the four gods. That's developed into the army I'll be showing today, so let's get to it shall we?

Firstly, the slaanesh contingent:
The whole lot 

Chaos warriors (or marauders) led by Hermann Lustfist, the army commander

Some centaurs for flank molesting

Hounds for extra molestation 

A trio of horned up minotaurs. The lad in the middle is one of my all time favourite sculpts, amd one of the first models painted for the project. The lad on the right came in a job lot minus a head, so a 5th ed minotaur lord made the ultimate sacrifice 

Now the Khorne contingent :
The lot together

Chaos thugs

The Bloodthirster!! This was a very kind gift from Diego Serrate of Knightmare Games. It started in a bit of a sorry state, which Diego sorted by sculpting a new axe arm for and also gave him a neck for me to attach a flesh hound head. Scary dog headed bastard.

The three heroes, from left to right Thunderfist, Lord Gorebastard (also the contingent commander), and then Kharth the Decimator on the end. This contingent is based around the three champions as heralds of the Bloodthirster, with the thugs standing in as devoted (and mental) disciples

Another view of Gorebastard 

And now we come to the final contingent, Nurgle:
You can almost smell them, can't you

Five Nurgle warriors, made up of the fantastic Jes Goodwin champion sculpts and joined by Festemus (dead centre) from Knightmare Games 

The Pus Duke. Contingent commander and another jewel in my collection. I do have the banners for this lad somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can find them

The first of many beastmen! I have a good amount of different beastmen from all the chaos powers, but there was no way I wasn't doing the pestigors first! There's also a really old (and peculiar looking) mounted beastman raider in the mix, for a bit of variety. And let's not forget Father Wormtaste the Great Unclean One waving from the back! 

The Shaggoth. Speaks for itself really. The best dragon ogre ever made

So, there yis go, that's the majority of the army showcased now. For those wondering where the Tzeentch part is, I've only got three wizards and a lord of change for that so far so they'll be along a bit later, alright? 

Thanks for looking as always, and stay tuned for more!



12 comments:

  1. You are a cheeky monkey aren't you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just casually pop out a horde of Chaos why don't ya? Awesome stuff Rochie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the advantage of not blogging for ages, I've got loads of stuff to show ;)

      Delete
  3. Well that looks stunning as a collective mate! Some old favourites of mine, some I've forgotten about and some I don't recall having the pleasure of seeing before. Superb stuff sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mucker! Some of these go back three years or more, so there very well might be a few that are getting their first outing

      Delete
  4. That's a marvelous looking horde. Crying out for some Chaos Dwarves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers pal! I did have a tidy little collection of dwarfs hidden away but unfortunately they got swept up in a purge..

      Delete
  5. Well that made me pop a boner. Amazing work Rochie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Cheers buddy! And call the inconvenient boner payback for the carrier ;)

      Delete
    3. Lol who said it was inconvenient, that khorne band is my fave

      Delete
  6. I'd love to see your army in the flesh one day Rochie, it'd be fantastic to see them up close.

    The bees knees mate!

    ReplyDelete