Wednesday 9 January 2019

The White Tent Rises

Hello and happy new year!

Now this post is a departure from the normal oldhammer flavoured posts on the blog, but hopefully you'll find it worth a look anyway, and if you don't, balls to ye, cos I like em!
I don't have a wide interest in historical stuff for the most part, I've always been much more comfortable with dragons and reanimated skeletons and the like, but I do have a keen interest in two particular subjects  Romans and The Mongol khanates,and thanks to Christmas and a lovely (and long suffering) wife, I now have a small mongol force to paint.

And here's the first unit




I received the "24 point lion rampant starter" from the fantastic 1st Corps Miniatures, and set straight to work cleaning and basing the lovely, lovely models. The first six, horse archers (of course), will be expanded to a full arban of ten, along with the rest of the units in the army, but for now I'm just going to work through what's here and look at expanding once they're all done. Future plans aren't set in stone, but I'll go into more detail in future posts. As for now, thanks for looking and hopefully catch you all again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Rochie I'm loving this project! Can't wait to see your little pony horde. I gave in an bought War of the Roses stuff today. FTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooooo! It was inevitable really though wasn't it? And cheers, it's a fun little project thats yielding pleasing results quite quickly so I'll be sticking with it for a while I think

      Delete
  2. They look the biz and could be used in Oldhammer in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy! I'm considering that very thing actually, I can see them being usable in a lot of different systems

      Delete
  3. What a present! They look insanely paintable because of there oldskool proportions – and they're not just endless expansions of boring cloth. Looking forward to seeing more of this army.

    ReplyDelete