Tuesday 20 March 2018

March of the Titans - Malleo Hominis, warlord titan

Hello!

So it's been a bit quiet again, and truth be told the past few weeks have seen a massive downturn in my productivity. I'm still plugging away at those skaven for the OWAC, but I've also got to get my arse in gear and get painting for other people too. Despite the best efforts of myself and some good mates, I just couldn't seem to get into anything long enough to get a run at it.

Then this happened. Go on, go read it, I'm glad to wait.
During a conversation with the rest of the Combat Burgers, four of us had a mind to mix up the painting a bit and have a go at a titan each, and here's the results of my end of the deal!

Went for the War Griffons in the end, it's probably my favourite titan scheme, but it's also a bit of a bollocks to pull off

But I sat down yesterday afternoon and got stuck in, and by midnight this beefy bastard was ready for war



With a little brother that I'd painted during the productive times I used to have.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now, back to trying to get these skaven sorted (amongst others) there'll hopefully be another couple of Titans from the Combat Burger stable, but I'm not going to name names just in case they pussy out 😉 



14 comments:

  1. That's one cracking titan Rochie? Only you could make me love a titan not sporting stripes or flames.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mec!and give the more subdued Titans a chance, not all God machines can be fabulous

      Delete
  2. He's a beast alright. However, in the second photo he looks like he's leaning against the building, having a breather after having run for the bus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually exactly what he was doing, well spotted!

      Delete
  3. Cracking work. I see you've done the carapace dappling of the War Griffons. How did you achieve the pattern? And you've interpreted the golden yellow as yellow rather than gold, which works really well. Nice touch with th green eyes too. Nice pairing of the carapace weapons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curis, the whole scheme is pretty much a direct copy of the illustrations from White Dwarf from back when these lads were shiny and new, so I can't take credit for that, but the dappling was a basecoat of stormvermin fur, washed with a 60/40 mix of brown and black ink (Vallejo), then I reapplied the fur as the first highlight before mixing progressive amounts of white into the base colour and spending an interminable amount of time building it up with individual spots

      Delete
  4. Epic Titans are quite popular recently ^^
    Well done mate! Cracking work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy! It's something I've always wanted to try, the warhound was an initial test piece to figure it all out, which lead nicely to the big fella

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the dapple effect you got on the grey, and the ochre really pops. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks excellent Rochie! I'm keen to try some of the dappling on a few marines one day.....one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi! Where's my fuck'n blog in the blog list? No love for the fakearse? :P

      Delete
  7. Very inspiring, as I have been breaking our the old titans as well. You did a stonking job on that grey pattern!
    Cheers
    Ths

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is BAD ASS!!! i love the dappled grey affect...I need to try that on some horses. And your gold/yellow is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Titan. I like the grey dapple pattern.

    ReplyDelete