Wednesday 16 March 2016

#justiceforgary2 and more fucking distractions

Hello there! I'm back from the pit of blogging laziness I slipped back into last week with another round of pictures of dubious quality and s side order of foul language, so here we go!
My #justiceforgary campaign is still ongoing, with my personal painted Morley sculpt collection growing by four of his ghouls. Now, I'm a fuckin terrible Paul Muller fanboy, especially anything ghoul related, so this was gonna be a tough wank painting wise, but like a teenager with a Woman's Way magazine, I soldiered on and arrived at quite a satisfactory finish (if I say so myself)

Now, when I posted these boys on Facebook, the main point of conversation was the huge bones they're running around with, and the piss was duly taken, however, in a fit of paternal protectiveness, I've decided that the background of these particular lads is that they keep raiding the necromancers ogre spare parts pile (to fuck with him you understand), so I'll be theming more models around this, including a skeletal ogre who's missing a few parts, so watch this space (but don't hold yer breath)

Moving on, this week I also got a scavvy gang done for a customer, so I thought I'd fold them into the #justiceforgary thing, as they are genuinely lovely models. My own gang is still being picked away at (it involves a lot of converting), but I thought I'd get these lads in for the cause too




They speak for themselves really, don't they?
And now for something completely different

I was chatting to the multi talented spaniard Diego Serrate of Troll Outpost and Space Riders (and soon to be Patheon of Chaos project, I'll get back to that in another post), and as our conversations tend to do, it got on to chaos warbands from the Realms of Chaos era. Anyway, long story short, I got distracted from my next big personal project and rolled up a warband. I got:

Level 10 champion; mark of Khorne (chaos armour) and blood substitute: molten metal
Using the guidelines from Realmofchaos80s, a level ten champ gets 3 rolls on the followers table, and from that I got;
4 beastmen
6 skaven
2 minotaurs

That's some good fucking rolls if you ask me, so after a root in some boxes, I've put together the warband, and last night started painting my yet to be named champion. I'll probably never get a game in with these lads, but it's a nice little sideline to the commissions I'm working on, and also soaks up some of the lead pile, which is always a good thing! 
So that's me for now, hope I didn't bore you too much (and if I did, don't let the fuckin door hit you on the way out ye miserable cunt), and I'll just say thanks for reading, and leave you with a few glamour shots of the latest addition to my howling griffons, very kindly donated to the cause by Mr. Steve Casey, who I think we can all agree is an absolute gentleman and a credit to this mass midlife crisis that we call Oldhammer. Til next time folks!










9 comments:

  1. Massive dose of awesomeness in one post Rochie, Gary is well served with you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the bone fluff Rochie! Also looking forward to this RoC warband. Those ARE some nice rolls. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really glad I found your blog :)

    Great work on painting oldie minis: I also have some Morley's gouls still waiting for taking care. I want to made ~15 ghoul strong unit. Don't give a fuck about bones they carry - as you pointed out there are many large creatures in the Old World.

    I am also carefully watching Diego's project going - never had any opportunity to play a single 3rd ed Warhammer game here, but I will definitely try to assemble strongly rpg based chaotic or undead force (or chaotic-undead, that was possible in old WFB, was it?) - if not for gaming than at least for display case.

    'nuff stealing your thread - well done and waiting for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers buddy! We've got some really exciting stuff planned for the pantheon project, I've just got to get the bestiary written and then I'm starting on the background for the first "expansion", so if you want to see what's in store, back the Kickstarter and tell your friends!!

      Delete
  4. I know, I know...
    Not sure how much more my wallet can suffer this month... ;-)

    And there should be "make" not "made" in my previous post, of course... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracking post - great minis, lovely painting, faptastic command of the language. Lovin' it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still needs shark's teeth. ;)

    All good buddy nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete